The Ministries of Health and Education agreed tonight (Thursday) on the new education outline, which will take effect this coming Sunday, subject to the approval of the government and the Knesset Education Committee. According to the outline, school and kindergarten students will continue to physically study in schools when the traffic light system is discontinued. In addition, the 70% restriction and the provision to reduce contacts will be abolished. In doing so, in the event of exposure to a verified patient, the educational institutions will be conducted in accordance with the outline of tests and isolations customary throughout the economy.
In view of this, in the event that a verification is discovered in the classroom (student or teacher), the class will act as follows:
Vaccinated / recovering (as defined by the Ministry of Health) will perform a home antigen test or a supervised antigen test.
If the test result is positive (in case a positive result was obtained from a home antigen test, a supervised antigen test will be performed) – stay in isolation for 10 days. Release only with doctor’s approval (no further examination required)
• Unvaccinated / non-recovering (as defined by the Ministry of Health) will perform a supervised antigen test:
Negative result – stay in isolation for 7 days. Release subject to a negative result in a supervised antigen test performed on the last day of isolation.
Positive result – stay in isolation for 10 days. Release only with a doctor’s approval (no further examination required).
* It is important to emphasize that those who are vaccinated with only one vaccine are not protected and are therefore considered unvaccinated / do not recover in the event of exposure to anything – and are not exempt from isolation.
Another agreement in the new outline:
• Employees of the education system and visitors to an educational institution will be required to present a green card (and employees of the education system will also be allowed an alternative to tests as has been the case so far).
• The obligation to wear masks will continue to apply in schools.
• Educational institutions will continue to operate in accordance with the limit of general gatherings in the economy.
• A district physician in the Ministry of Health will be authorized to order the closure of an educational institution, in consultation with the relevant district director in the Ministry of Education.
• Higher education institutions will continue to operate green (except for the current expansion for practical training), with unvaccinated students being allowed to perform one antigen every 84 hours.
• School students in Arab society will be required to perform an antigen test back from the winter break (as was the case at the end of the Hanukkah break in the Jewish sector).
• Corona trustees in primary schools will perform antigen tests for students and teaching staff who will be exposed to verification (a date of entry into force will be announced at the beginning of the week).
• No special outline will be used for non-formal education activities and classes (upon exposure to verified – the outline used throughout the economy will apply).
• No more special outline will be used for trips with accommodation (with exposure to verified – the outline used throughout the economy will apply).
• The special outline for boarding schools will be abolished (upon exposure to verified – the outline used throughout the economy will apply).
The new education outline will be applied to all educational institutions:
• All kindergartens including nurseries
• Elementary schools
• Middle schools
• High schools
• Institutions of higher education and vocational training
• Informal education