Want to improve your mood? 8 instant mood enhancers that will make you happier – the way to happiness…
Every day brings with it many burdens and stress that may eventually harm our happiness. We may not be able to change reality, but if we take responsibility for our own happiness, we can improve our mood significantly, with simple actions.
These are the eight mood enhancers that help deal with stressful situations more effectively:
1. Deep breaths from the stomach. Practice conscious breathing: inhale air through the nose, let the air accumulate in the abdomen and exhale the air through the mouth. Whether you’re at work or having a busy day, 5-10 mindful breathing will calm you down and provide a refreshing break.
2. Schedule a stretching break. Instead of going for a coffee break, try stretching. Simple movements throughout the day will refresh your mind and relieve muscle tension. Try simple neck rotations and arm stretches while sitting comfortably in your office chair, at home or wherever you are.
3. Take time to get organized wherever you are. Improving mood starts with reducing stress. Make time in your schedule to get organized wherever you are. A few quiet minutes each day dedicated to getting organized can improve your mood.
4. Try coordination exercises. Good health integrates your body and mind. Performing exercises that involve working the upper and lower body at the same time, such as lunges with a shoulder press, will improve training and coordination. In the next workout, try some movements that will challenge your coordination.
5. Smile. Our body releases endorphins in different situations, for example whenever we are particularly excited. Laughter may increase the release of endorphins (Manninen et al., 2017). Every day, try to smile consciously. The smile will improve your mood and provide a workout for the facial muscles as well. In addition, you can also improve the mood of other people, because they will probably smile back at you.
6. Go for a walk. Do you think that a two-minute walk can’t affect your mood or health? Think again. Walking at a fast pace, even if for a few minutes, will only do you good. Even if you only have a few minutes, make time for a brisk walk. You may be able to reduce stress by doing something different (and getting outside if you can). Try to walk at least 30 minutes during the day.
7. Take care of the skin. Quality care products can improve your appearance. When you dedicate time to your performance, you can improve your self-confidence. Pamper yourself with a two-minute home facial treatment that includes the removal of dead cells with exfoliation and a moisturizing cream that you massage into the skin. Facial massage with your favorite products is the easiest workout you will ever do.
8. Try interval training. Fast interval training will release endorphins into the bloodstream and increase your energy levels. Try this simple plan:
• Jumps with arms out to the sides (30 seconds)
• Squats (30 seconds)
• Push-ups (30 seconds)
• Squats (30 seconds)